Baldy Lake Escape
Baldy Lake Escape, a cozy little cottage on 10 acres, provides rustic simplicity , fishing, canoeing and the tranquil charm of life in the northwoods of the Hiawatha National Forest. Baldy Lake Escape has a view of the water, in an isolated spot away from the hustle and bustle of the highway (but only 2 miles away). If you like camping and being on your own lake, but don't like sleeping on the ground, Baldy Lake Escape will give you the comfort of beds and convenience of gas lights without sacrificing some of the camping feel. Although this is rustic, the cottage is beautifully done in tongue and groove aspen and decorated with wildlife decor. We are not without the very basic amenities including a composting toilet and battery operated shower. This is a regular shower stall and you only need to heat lake water on the stove, mix it with cold water to your desired temperature and then it is drawn up via a battery operated pump into the shower stall. The kitchen is fully stocked including gas range and refrigerator and a starter of drinking water. No electricity, no carpeting, so bring your slippers!
The screened in porch offers outdoor furniture for reading, visiting and watching the wildlife while keeping the mosquitoes out! :) You might prefer to take a walk on the old two tracks that meet up with hiking trails or take your 4 wheeler for a ride. Jump in the fishing boat or canoe and try for the elusive black crappie, bluegill, largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, perch, northern pike, sunfish or rock bass.
If you’re ready for more, you’re only 12 miles from Pictured Rocks and all our beautiful Munising area has to offer. Miles of hiking trails; many, many waterfalls; Pictured Rocks Boat Cruises, hand dipped ice cream, don't worry if you don't catch any fish, just go to Munising to our local fisheries and buy some fresh Lake Trout or White Fish. Even us locals sneak in there once in awhile! :)
Located in the Hiawatha National Forest, you can fish, canoe, jump in for a "rustic" swim (soft bottom), read, nap, listen to wildlife, watch wildlife, grill your dinner, listen and dance to the radio, play a board game, on site.
Nearby you can go hiking and biking (trails from door), golfing, horseback riding, antiquing, visit our sugar sand beaches and swim in Lake Superior's pristine waters, go to Music in the park, Farmers Market, Pictured Rocks cruises, Grand Island Ferry and Tours, water ski and jet ski.
We are about 2 hours west of Mackinac Bridge and 60 minutes east of Marquette.
- Check-in 4 P.M. - Check-out 10:00 A.M.
- 1 bedroom with double size bed
- Loft with 1 double and 3 twin size beds
- Sleeps 5 Max., including children
- Full kitchen with gas range and refrigerator
- Table with seating for 5 guests
- Pots and pans
- Plates, silverware, cups and glasses
- Coffee perker and more!
- Living room with sofa and chairs
- Log end tables
- Screen porch with furniture
- Rustic indoor bathroom with composting toilet and battery operated shower
- Gas lights
- No indoor water, but a starter of drinking water is provided
- 64 acre fishing lake
- More Baldy Lake Information: black crappie, bluegill, largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, perch, northern pike, sunfish, rock bass
- Fishing boat and canoe
- Boat seats
- Bring your own motor or ask about renting one
- Fire pit
- Starter products include: Paper towel, toilet paper, dish soap
- Dogs accepted with additional fee
- No TV or phone at this cottage; Cell phones are spotty
- No smoking