Our Hideaway is located in the Hiawatha National Forest on FF Hwy 13, just 10 miles South of Munising, Lake Superior and Pictured Rocks! The Hideaway was once our home, but we welcome guests whole heartedly and hope to retire back in the forest someday.
You can expect the Hideaway to be clean, comfortable and supplied with a starter of paper towels, toilet paper, tissue, dish soap, hand soap and laundry soap. Our Hideaway is nestled in beautiful pine trees for ultimate privacy.
We have three bedrooms: two on the main floor, each with log style, Queen size Beds, a night stand, closet, privacy shades, seating, and a view of the forest. The master bedroom has a ceiling fan. The main floor bathroom has a tub/shower combo, behind the door laundry chute and a window that looks over the back yard and fire pit. The Spacious and carpeted 3rd Bedroom is located on the lower level and has a log style King size Bed and Double size bed, night stands, lamps, alarm clock, seating and two extra large windows for egress and to let the light in. Attached to the bedroom is a large bathroom with ceramic tile floor, a vanity room with 2 sinks, and a separate, but adjacent to, shower/toilet room. The shower is very large with ceramic tile on the floor and walls. The Bedroom and Bathroom is paneled with beautiful tongue and groove Cedar on the new walls and ceiling! For additional guests, there are 3 sofa sleepers. Attached to the Hideaway is a 2 car garage to park your cars, ATV's, or work on your snowmobile. You can store all your gear in the downstairs and utilize the washer and dryer as well. The full kitchen includes large refrigerator with ice maker, microwave, dishwasher, range with a glass top stove, lots of dishes, utensils, cooking pots, pans, blender, hand mixer (for birthday cakes !), a few pampered chef cooking tools, coffee pot, spices and lots of extras! In the evenings you can enjoy our beautiful outdoors while you cook over our charcoal grill or fire pit! Come and enjoy the quiet sanctuary of the Hiawatha National Forest located in the Beautiful Upper Peninsula. Enjoy our cozy Hideaway complete with one acre of quiet. Well behaved pets are welcome, but please inquire first as there is an additional fee.
Great area for fishing, hunting, hiking on Bruno's Run and Pine Martin Run, kayaking down the Indian River, take a ride to Midway Store for hand dipped ice cream and rent a canoe! Relax by the campfire, drive into town to see the Pictured Rocks, area water falls and much, much more!
Winter is great for snowmobiling from door, cross country skiing and sledding on Thunder Bowl Hill.
Wild life varies but you might see rabbit, deer, bear, wild turkeys, and...MOOSE??? Yes, it's a known fact that a few Moose have been spotted in the area as well.
- Available year around
- Check-in 5 P.M.
- Check-out 10:00 A.M.
- No smoking
- We are Pet Friendly at The Hideaway - Your well behaved dogs are welcome with prior approval and additional fee please ask (no cats)!
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- 1800 sq ft (approx.); 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms (2 on main floor, 1 downstairs),
- 12 guests maximum - 6 beds - 1 king bed, 2 queen beds, 1 double bed and 2 sofa sleepers!
- 3 bedrooms
- 2 Full bathrooms, bath towels provided
- All bedrooms have comfy beds with log headboards, including all bed linens; night stand alarm clock, reading lamp chair and view of the woods
- The interior is decorated in prized wildlife mounts and other wildlife decor
- 2 large flatscreen T.V.s with deluxe Satellite package; DVD Player and video library.
- CD Player with ipod dock and music library
- A phone is provided for local calls only
- Adult and children board game
- Main floor is carpeted throughout. Downstairs has carpet in bedroom, tile floor in bathroom and cement floor in laundry area; the downstairs has a sitting area with T.V.
- Full kitchen including refrigerator w/auto ice maker dishwasher microwave plenty of cupboards electric range coffee pot, toaster, slow cooker blender pots & pans dishes utensils, and basic spices.
- Starter of paper products and soaps
- Fire pit, Picnic table and chairs
- Charcoal grill
- Spacious yard and area around fire pit for additional entertaining, dining on the picnic table, or watching the wildlife.
- The Hideaway is a very peaceful and relaxing place to stay and close enough to Munising and Pictured Rocks to enjoy our waterfalls and Pictured Rocks Lakeshore Cruises and more! We have plenty of hiking and other outdoor recreation right outside the Hideaway. You can hike ski snowmobile bike from the door of the Hideaway because the trails are THAT close!
- 2 kayaks for rent, please inquire, Indian River is nearby for Kayaking
- Many good fishing lakes in the area.
- Only 1/2 mile to Pete's Lake, nice for picnicking and a swim, sandy beach, fishing pier, water skiing, tubing
- Midway General Store is within 5 miles for convenience items fishing license and tackle hand dipped ice cream Rent a Canoe and much more!
- If you have a large group for snowmobiling or a summer family reunion you can rent Hiawatha's Hideaway along with Maple Ridge and Rainbows Promise! These 3 cottages are only 3/10 of a mile away from one another.
- The Hideaway offers all you need to make your stay comfortable and has all you need to cook all of your meals in but if you'd like a break from cooking we recommend a night out at the restaurant in the woods!
- Travel the country roads.
- 4 wheelers are welcome!
- Hunting and fishing enthusiasts are welcome!
- Snowmobile from door to trail!
- Attached 2 car garage for parking or working on your sleds.
- We have plenty of room for large snowmobile trailers to pull in one way and out another way and for turning around!
- The Hideaway is well kept and very clean, just read the comments on our Hideaway Guest book link!
- We are located in Alger County. Nearby counties are Schoolcraft and Delta, so please contact DNR for ATV riding rules.