Hemlock Hideaway will be ready for guests Memorial weekend 2016! Rustic and cozy, beautifully decorated. Water on both sides of this unique cottage, kayaking down the river and swimming in the lake - all things to do at Hemlock Hideaway. Located on 1.6 acres overlooking the Chain of Lake River, and adjacent to 300 ft on Ostrander Lake, so plenty to do without ever leaving the property! Hemlock Hideaway is located within the Hiawatha National Forest, close to Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, and Munising, MI. This 1,000 (approx) square foot cottage has 2 bedrooms each with a double size bed. One bedroom is located on the main floor and the other bedroom is in the secluded loft. We can sleep 6 in the cottage and if you have a large family there is a vacant lot overlooking the lake. If you have more than 6 guests, you can set up a couple of tents. Please ask for details and additional fees.
The living room is comfy with couch and oversized chair, Tv with satellite, dvd player, gas fireplace, board games and books for more fun. The kitchen is fully stocked except for running water. Outside on the deck overlooking the river is a dish washing station with running water and outdoor shower on the side, with hot and cold water. Just a short walk behind the cottage is your bathroom, or as us Yoopers like to refer to it... the outhouse!
Included with the cottage is a fishing boat and 2 kayaks. Both the river and the lake have a dock for your convenience.
This property is on the rustic side, yet most of the conveniences of home and has access to 5 lakes via the Chain of Lakes River and takes 3 to 4 hours to navigate through. The lake adjacent to the property is private and has 300 ft of frontage, excellent for swimming and fishing. The beach gets sun from noon to sunset for awesome family fun!
- Available from May through October
- See the rates page for the rental schedule
- Check-in 5 P.M.
- Check-out 10:00 A.M.
- NO smoking property
- 6 guests in beds, 8 guests maximum in cottage
- 2 bedrooms with a queen bed each
- sofa sleeper
- Bath towels, 1 per person
- Cell phones are spotty in this area
- Laundromat down the road
- Gas fireplace
- Board games and books
- Full kitchen including refrigerator, microwave, plenty of cupboards, electric range, coffee pot, toaster, pots & pans, dishes, utensils, and basic spices
- Outdoor dish washing station on the deck
- Outdoor (enclosed) shower
- Outdoor bathroom (outhouse)
- Direct TV, dvd player
- Fire pit
- Gas grill
- A starter of paper products and soaps are provided for your convenience.
- Hemlock Hideaway is a peaceful getaway on a beautiful river which has access to 5 lakes!
- Separate lake access for swimming, fishing, fun!
- close to Munising and Pictured Rocks area.
- Dock on the lake and 14' fishing boat included
- Dock on the river and 2 kayaks included
- Swimming on sight, sandy bottom, fishing boat
- Hear the Loons!
- Hiking trails nearby
- Public boat launch for the lake and river
- Midway General Store is within 3 miles for convenience items, fishing license and tackle, hand dipped ice cream, laundromat and showers!
- You will have everything you need here to have a restful vacation.
- You can do all of your cooking here, but if you feel like a night out, ask us about the restaurant in the woods!
- Travel the country roads.
- 4 wheelers are welcome!
- Hunters and fisher people are welcome!
- We are located in Alger County. Nearby counties are Schoolcraft (real close), and Delta, so please contact DNR for ATV riding rules.