La Casita del Bosque
If you've been looking to get away to a luxurious yet private lakeside vacation home, take refuge in Michigan 's Upper Peninsula at La Casita del Bosque, (Little House in the Woods)! Located 8 minutes South of Munising and the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, this custom built, majestic , 3200 sq ft spacious Timberpeg home with an expansive 1,500 sq ft deck will be the perfect choice for your family vacation year round. Resting on 11-1/2 acres on a private 15 acre lake, La Casita del Bosque will surely succeed in meeting all of your needs for a much needed getaway in God's Country!
La Casita del Bosque (Little House in the Woods), welcomes you with its' 3000 sq ft custom built Timberpeg home with 3 bedrooms, 3-1/2 bathrooms located on a 15 acre lake only 8 minutes from Munising and the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore! La Casita sits on 11.5 wooded acres for your total relaxation, peace and quiet! Laundry room with washer and dryer is included; a starter of paper and soap products are provided as well as bed linens and bath towels;
La Casita was locally designed and built with a timber frame construction by "Timberpeg". The wood for this majestic home was recycled from standing dead Douglas Fir, harvested from the Mt. Hood Region of Oregon. The front and back doors, stair rails, casement and trim were all hand made and resawn from the extra timbers. The table top and kitchen island is custom made from black walnut, and the kitchen cabinets are made from butternut. The unique design of La Casita shows off slate floors that were painstakingly hand cut and strategically placed, Hemlock floors that were harvested locally, a top of the line kitchen, massive fireplace with an " Old World " baker's oven, and exposed post and beams.
The Master suite has a queen size bed, flat screen TV with DVD player, en-suite bathroom with jetted tub and a separate area for the sink and granite topped vanity; The built in hanging and drawer storage as well as the built in ironing center makes this private suite unique and efficient. A private door to the deck and nature will allow secret access to late night star gazing for mom and dad while the children are sound asleep.
The loft has a sitting area and two guest bedrooms each with a queen size bed, which fit uniquely into custom designed wall pockets; A cushioned chair in each bedroom, built in hanging and drawer storage in one and a dresser in the other; The two guest bedrooms share a large bathroom with a tub/shower. Each room has windows for looking out at the forest.
The main floor provides open space living with the great room and kitchen. There are plenty of windows that allow the natural light in and because this property is so wooded, La Casita will stay nice and cool during the hot summer months.
Full kitchen amenities include, granite counter tops, island with breakfast counter, plenty of butternut cabinets, gas stove top, built in oven and broiler, refrigerator with automatic ice maker, microwave, dishwasher, garbage disposal, bread machine, blender, beautiful dinner ware, place mats, silverware, cookware, utensils, bake ware, Cuisinart coffee pot, 4 slice toaster, granite countertops, basic spices, massive fireplace with an "old world" bakers oven for baking pizzas, breads and much more. Instructions on how to use this oven as well as firewood will be provided;
The living area provides guests with a relaxing atmosphere, reclining sofa and loveseat coffee table with a beautiful Tiffany lamp and a massive fireplace. The French doors open to a 1500 sq ft deck, so there is plenty of room to grill over the charcoal grill and relax on the deck furniture .
La Casita del Bosque is a one of a kind beauty and is set in a tranquil environment with the intention of peace and quiet; therefore the lake has a “no motor” restriction for quiet fishing. You are welcome to fish the small mouth bass with “catch and release” in mind. Bring your fishing pole and worms and cast from shore as the fish like to feed around the natural shoreline. You are welcome to bring your own canoe or kayak to paddle around the lake or to fish from. Swimming is great too with a sandy bottom and nice clear water! Just follow the sloping rustic path down to the lake. You have the best of both worlds when you stay at La Casita...a luxury home in a rustic setting.
We hope you enjoy your stay, you leave refreshed and you choose La Casita del Bosque for your family vacation for years to come!
- Check in 5:00pm
- Check out 10:00am
- 3 bedrooms and 3-1/2 baths
- Sleeps up to 10 max - 3 queen beds, 1 queen sofa sleeper, 1 queen air mattress
- The Main Floor is 3000 sq ft custom built Timberpeg®home with exposed posts and beams throughout.
- Master Suite w/ensuite bathroom, Queen size bed, luxurious bedding and a quality mattress; side table with reading lamp; alarm clock; whirlpool tub;
- Flat screen T.V.
- DVD player and movies
- Ironing center
- Beautiful vanity area with granite counter top
- Built in closets and linen storage
- Private entrance to the deck and night star gazing.
- The kitchen has Granite counter tops, Plenty of Walnut cabinets, Microwave Oven, gas Range, broiler, Garbage disposal, Auto Ice Maker, Dishwasher, Dinnerware, cookware, toaster, Bread Maker, Cuisinart coffee pot with bean grinder, Blender with smoothie maker, Spices, and much more.
- Drinking water comes from a well and is superb tasting!
- Custom made Walnut dining table seats 6 guests.
- Custom made Walnut breakfast counter with seating for two!
- Living area with comfortable furniture and overstuffed pillows; side tables and reading lamps;
- Rumford, wood burning fireplace
- Clay Bakers Oven for making wood fired pizzas!
- Two sets of French Doors open to the expansive 1500 square foot deck.
- One-half bathroom on main floor
- Slate and Wood floors throughout!
- CD player, some cd's available
- Board games, puzzles
- Area maps
- High Speed wifi Internet Service is provided throughout the home.
- Phone service is not available inside this home, therefore we recommend that you bring your laptop and communicate via email or sign up for a Skype account.
- In floor Radiant Heat
- The Loft - The loft is home to two bedrooms sharing a large bathroom and sitting area.
- Bedroom #1 has a queen size bed, luxurious bedding, quality mattress, alarm clock, and built in hanging and drawer storage;
- Bedroom #2 has a queen size bed, luxurious bedding, quality mattress, dresser and lamp Full bathroom with tub/shower combo
- Sitting area with comfortable couch, table, lamp and chair. The sitting area converts to a sleeping space for two!
- Downstairs - Flat screen T.V.
- Satellite Service
- DVD Movies
- Sofa, Love seat and Cocktail Table
- Laundry room
- Full bathroom with shower
- Linens, towels and a starter of paper, soap and laundry products
- A starter of firewood for the fireplace is provided
- Cell phones are spotty in the woods.
- This is a Smoke Free Property
- No Pets
- We welcome you from May through October
- Over 11 acres of wooded tranquility 1500 square foot (3 quarter around) deck
- Comfortable deck furniture
- Charcoal and gas grill
- Camp Chairs
- Rustic trail leads down to 360 feet of frontage on Sister Lake Sister Lake is full of small mouth bass and 30 ft at its' deepest. Sister Lake is a rustic lake because of the natural state of the surrounding area. The lake itself is sandy and nice for a swim. You can walk around the lake and explore.
- Fire pit and Adirondack style chairs
- Lake has a sandy bottom
- Sister Lake has a "no motor" restriction, so is nice for paddling around on and throwing your line in. You are welcome to bring your own canoe or kayaks! This is a perfect lake for teaching your little ones to catch fish.
- Deer and Turkey have been seen on site!
- Only 8 minutes to Munising and the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore!
- La Casita del Bosque was built in a tranquil environment with the intention of peace and quiet. It's a place where you can enjoy your time with your family without having to rush off or answer phones.